The pass-through cabin with VHP (vaporized hydrogen peroxide) serves as a material air lock for the transfer of materials between rooms where there are different purity classes (usually B and C purity class). For the decontamination of instruments and materials, a decontamination cycle is employed with the help of hydrogen peroxide vapours. The VHP generator is a part of the decontamination pass-through cabin, thus they comprise a single device.
Pass-through cabins comply with the 4-leak tightness class pursuant to ISO 10648-2.
Work in a vacuum atmosphere in contrast to the ambient surroundings
HEPA H 14 filtration in the inlet as well as the outlet of the pass-through cabin
Maximum achievable temperature in the cabin: 30 °C
Material of pass-through chambers – AISI 316L (EN 1.4404), polished surface finish with rounded corners
Other construction materials – AISI 304, hardened glass, silicone, POM-C, etc
- Low operating costs
- Low-temperature decontamination
- Quick interval of a decontamination cycle
- Environmental protection, by-products are only water vapour and oxygen
- Long operation life, minimal maintenance demands
- Choice of several types and sizes
- Easy handling and operation
- Possible validation of decontamination cycle
- Possible data recording on a recording unit, printer or PC